Paddle-out memorializing Theodore Kenneth Smith being held at WindanSea Jan. 15
A paddle-out organized by The Windansea Surf Club will be held Sunday, Jan. 15 memorializing Theodore Kenneth Smith, 52, who died Saturday, Dec. 31 from drowning after he had an apparent heart attack while surfing.
The event will begin at noon under the Shack at Windansea with open mike and blessings, followed by the paddle-out at 1 p.m. after which there will be a potluck lunch and live music.
Meanwhile, a makeshift shrine in Smith’s honor at the corner of Bonair Street and Neptune Place in WindanSea built by friends and families adding bouquets of flowers, posters and other memorabilia keeps growing each day.
- Surf legend Theodore Kenneth Smith dies of apparent heart attack surfing WindanSea
- Wind ‘N’ Sea swimmers join the fun at La Jolla Rough Water Swim
- Reasons for explosion of green slime along coast unclear
- Open house set for Saturday at Sulpizio Cardiovascular Care Center in La Jolla
- Neighbors more relaxed after La Jolla eyesore is sold, cleaned up
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=57042