On The Menu Recipe: The Prado at Balboa Park’s Pan-Roasted White Sea Bass
2 each 6-ounce White sea bass (California)
12 ounces French lentils
1/2 Onion, diced
1 each Carrots, peeled and small dice
1 each Celery stalk, small dice
12 ounces Carrot juice
1 teaspoon Star anise
1 teaspoon Cloves
2 ounces Butter
12 each Fennel, shaved
1 each Lemon zest or preserved lemons, sliced thin
Sauté onions, carrots and celery. Add lentils and cover with water.
Cook until tender. Add spinach and season with salt and pepper. Reserve until needed.
In separate pan, sauté sea bass and cook until done. Remove from pan.
Reduce carrot juice by 2/3 with star anise and cloves.
Add butter. Sauce is ready.
Place lentils and spinach in center of plate.
Place sea bass on top of lentils.
Pour 2 ounces of sauce around it.
Top with fennel and lemon.
*** (Serves 2 people)
- On the Menu recipe: Cafe Sevilla’s Brunch Paella (Using leftover paella)
- On The Menu Recipe: The Shores Restaurant’s Barbecued Short Rib with Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
- On the Menu recipe: Crepes from Crepes & Corks
- Bertrand at Mister A’s: European White Asparagus Soup
- Jake’s “Sea Bass with Cous Cous”
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=56576