Jewish teens sought for service awards
The deadline is Jan. 6 to nominate a philanthropic Jewish teen for a Diller Teen Tikkun Olam Award at www.jewishfed.org/teenawards/process
Teens, ages 13-19, may be nominated by themselves, a teacher, community leader, rabbi, or friend, just not a family member. Their service projects may benefit the general or Jewish community.
In the sixth year, the Diller Teen Tikkun Olam Awards are given annually to five young volunteers who demonstrate leadership and commitment to making the world a better place. Recipients are each awarded $36,000 to be used to further their education, to expand current projects or to explore new possibilities.
- Seminoles bare their soles with shoe drive
- Fashion event will raise funds for the Old Globe Theatre in Balboa Park
- The Doobie Brothers will headline at benefit for abused children in La Jolla
- Harry Potter ‘premiere’ raises $14,000 for kids fighting cancer
- Evening with Dave Dravecky on Dec. 4 at UCSD
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=56276