UCSD Founders’ Dinner salutes latest Chancellor’s Medalists
Chancellor Fox talks with alumnus Tony Jackson MD '74 and Darcy Bingham
Some 300 guests attended UCSD’s annual Founders’ Dinner on Nov. 19, which honored the 2011 Chancellor’s Medalist recipients. Proceeds from the gala will benefit scholarships and fellowships as part of the university’s $50 million student support campaign, Invent the Future.
The Chancellor’s Medal, which was inaugurated in 2000, was presented to Richard and Rita Atkinson, Ann and the late John Davies, Sheldon and Susan Engelhorn, the late Anne Ratner, and L.S. and Aline Skaggs. One of the highest honors given by UCSD, the Chancellor’s Medal recognizes exceptional service in support of the university’s mission.
- Psychologist discusses happiness at mental health luncheon
- 25th anniversary gala celebrates the music behind SummerFest
- Soroptimist luncheon shines spotlight on women helping women
- La Jolla Playhouse supporters and stars shine at 2011 Gala
- Wine-tasting event nets funds for La Jolla High
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=55857