La Jolla Country Day comes up short in state title bid
Three in a row was not meant to be for the La Jolla Country Day girls volleyball team.
The Torreys took on El Dorado Union Mine at Concordia College in Irvine last weekend. On the line not only was another state championship, but a chance to three-peat for the Torreys.
Country Day, however, fell in four sets to the Northern California champ, 25-18, 29-27, 19-25, 25-18. The Division IV title marked the first state title in the 12-year history of Union Mine High.
La Jolla Country Day’s run to the title game came after the Torreys lost several Division I players from last year’s team. Despite that, coach Peter Ogle and his team finished the season as state runners up with a more than respectable 33-9 record.
- La Jolla Country Day’s state title game to air on Time Warner Cable
- Torreys make it back-to-back
- La Jolla Country Day volleyball advances in state tournament
- CIF roundup: Bishop’s water polo, LJCD volleyball advance to finals
- Bishop’s volleyball prevails over Cathedral Catholic
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=55842