Torreys on brink of another title
It has been another impressive year for the La Jolla Country Day girls volleyball. On Tuesday night, the Torreys defeated Francis Parker to advance to the state title match.
Country Day will play El Dorado Union Mine (the northern California champ) on Saturday at Concordia University in Irvine. The match is scheduled for 10 a.m.
The Torreys started the tournament beating Connelly of Anaheim 3-0 in the first round.
Kendall Peterkin had 16 kills and Maya Hood had eight to lead the charge. Annie Hasselmann contributed 30 assists. Cassidy Rooke dug 12 and Sheridan had 9 digs.
On Saturday night, the Torreys took on Sage Hill from Newport. Peterkin again led the offense with 11 kills while Hasselmann had 33 assists and five aces.
- La Jolla Country Day volleyball advances in state tournament
- La Jolla Country Day’s cross country team ready to shine at state
- League championships cap seasons for La Jolla teams
- La Jolla’s three football teams notch wins
- La Jolla Country Day selected for showcase
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=55333