Non-invasive cosmetic procedures restore youth and vitality to aging skin
By Stephen M. Krant, MD, FACS
Over the last few years, society has grown increasingly accepting of cosmetic plastic surgery procedures as a means by which to boost confidence, combat aging, and restore a fitter, healthier look to the human face and figure. However, while plastic surgery has advanced considerably in recent years, so too have non-invasive techniques for rejuvenating the skin, eliminating unwanted hair, and revitalizing the body. From localized injectables like Botox and Sculptra to Fraxel laser resurfacing and Thermage toning treatments, the field of non-invasive cosmetic procedures has evolved to deliver some of the most effective and affordable results on the market. The following is an introductory guide to the some of the most popular among these treatments – and a reference for anyone looking for maximum value and safe, natural results in the field of cosmetic surgery.
Injectables are cosmetic filler products designed to dramatically improve the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles, sagging skin and reduced facial volume for patients looking to recapture a more youthful look. Different injectables serve different purposes, and a board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend treatments depending on each patient’s individual needs:
- Botox® – Botox injections are designed to minimize facial lines and wrinkles caused by sun damage, stress, and the general effects of aging. Many patients request Botox injections to smooth “active wrinkles” of the forehead and around the eyes, as well as the lines that form with age along the upper lip.
- Radiesse™ – Radiesse injections are composed almost entirely of calcium, a natural substance that helps to build up facial tissues, reduce deep wrinkles, and revive the fullness of a youthful countenance. Results can last 6-12 months.
- Juvederm® – Juvederm injections are used to add volume to the face, and can also be used for lip augmentation procedures. This product is made of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance that has thus far proved nearly non-allergenic at our La Jolla plastic surgery practice. Results can last 6-12 months.
- Sculptra Aesthetic – Dubbed “the Liquid Facelift,” Sculptra Aesthetic constitutes a new, subtler approach to facial rejuvenation that yields long-lasting results over a period of repeated treatments. Sculptra replaces lost collagen in the skin and is recognized by patients and industry experts alike as one of the best means by which to achieve natural-looking yet impressive results. Sculptra also thickens the deep dermis making the skin look more vibrant. Results from this procedure can be evident for up to two years or more.
In addition to injectables, our qualified medical experts at SK Clinic also use a number of innovative laser and radiofrequency techniques to help patients regain healthy, youthful-looking skin. These treatments include:
- Fraxel®, a laser treatment designed to trigger the body’s natural healing process and produce natural collagen and elastin to help eliminate sun damage, wrinkles and other signs of aging. There are two types of Fraxel:
Fraxel Re:store- four treatments administered approximately once per month, requiring minimal down-time and only topical anesthesia, and performed at SK Sanctuary, our affiliate medical spa.
Fraxel Re:pair- one treatment requiring approximately one week of post-procedure down-time, light general anesthesia. This treatment is performed at SK Clinic, and can be done in conjunction with other surgical procedures.
- Thermage, a unique radiofrequency treatment that activates collagen beneath the surface of the skin to help tighten, tone and revitalize the appearance of the face, neck, eyes, abdomen, arms, and legs. Neither post-procedural down-time nor anesthesia are required for this treatment.
The latest in non-invasive, high-value procedures with the renowned surgeons at SK Clinic
At SK Clinic in La Jolla, winner of the La Jolla Light reader’s poll for Best Plastic Surgeon for the past eleven years running, we combine the newest and most effective cosmetic surgery procedures and products with the wisdom, experience and expertise of our highly trained and board certified surgical staff. Our patients know that they are in capable hands – and we in turn value their input, expectations and goals, regardless of the cost and scope of the procedure. Non-invasive cosmetic surgery is safe, efficient and affordable; but each and every patient deserves a unique consultation to determine the best treatment plan for his or her individual lifestyle. To learn more about any of our procedures or to schedule an introductory appointment, visit us online: www.sk-clinic.com.
- Innovative mid-face lift procedure restores proportion, balance and individualized beauty
- Introducing Sculptra: the “Liquid Facelift” alternative to invasive plastic surgery
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage therapy offers relief for plastic surgery patients
- Sculptra and SmartXide DOT Fractional CO2 Laser procedures offer affordable alternative to facial plastic surgery
- FDA reiterates silicone breast implant safety – but urges women to follow-up for optimal health
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=55222