Busy week for La Jolla Elementary with book fair, Family Dance
Eliana Nahl, a first-grader, shows off the books she talked her mom into buying.
The week before Thanksgiving break was a busy one at La Jolla Elementary, where there was a book fair and the annual Family Dance.
During the book store, students and parents had a chance to purchase books for their home libraries, with the money raised being used to purchase more books for the school library. At the dance, students enjoyed dancing with each other and their parents. The Rey Vinole Swing Band got everybody’s feet moving, and professional photographer Tom Dochstadler took formal portraits when they needed to rest. The event was organized by PTO member Ruth Leivers.
- Muirlands students wash cars for a reason
- Bishop’s School marks Hispanic Heritage Month
- Judge Tim Walsh shares courtroom lessons with Bird Rock students
- First-graders show off recycled blossoms
- Spirit day at Bird Rock Elementary
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=55052