Grant enables UCSD-TV to air ethics forums
The Gerald and Inez Parker Foundation has awarded a $30,000 grant to the Center for Ethics in Science and Technology to fund broadcasts and webcasts of the “Exploring Ethics: Henrietta Lacks” forums over UCSD-TV.
Demand for tickets to hear author Rebecca Skloot’s recent talk about her book, “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, which details the untold story of one of the most important contributions to medical science in the past century, far outpaced the available seats, said a spokeswman for the UC San Diego Research Ethics Program.
Now, she added in an e-mail, if you can’t make it to the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center on the first Wednesday evening of each month, you can view the programs on UCSD-TV. Go to the www.ucsd.tv to watch on your computer or find the broadcast schedule.
- Plans move forward for Children’s Pool lifeguard remodel
- Free speech is latest battleground at Children’s Pool
- Marketing firm locates in La Jolla
- La Jolla’s village business owners mixed on impact of art, wine fest
- Salk Institute goes solar
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=55050