Signing the Red Ribbon pledge
Sydney Leona and Melanie Lock, hosts for La Jolla High School’s Red Ribbon Week, encourage students to sign the pledge to stay away from drugs.
After they sign they can get a ribbon. The week is designed to bring awareness to the growing problem of drug use among high schoolers. It began after Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Agent Enrique “Kiki” Camarena of Calexico, who had been working undercover in Mexico, was kidnapped, tortured and killed in 1985 by leaders of Mexican drug cartel members.
- LJHS principal: School funding out of whack
- School foundations filling the gaps
- Coastwise Prize topics announced.
- La Jolla seniors revisit their days at Bird Rock Elementary
- La Jolla High students win awards for essays on transportation
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=54982