A.R. Valentien’s Porcini Chestnut Soup
1/2 bulb fennel
1/2 onion, diced
1 pound sliced Porcini mushroom
2 cups sliced Cremini mushroom
1/2 pound Frozen Chestnut (shell removed)
1 cup dry Sherry
1 each bay leaf
1 quart chicken stock
1 diced apple, skin removed
5 strips bacon
Thaw porcinis. Squeeze out juices and reserve.
Roast chestnuts in oven until golden.
In a large pot sauté fennel and onions. When tender add in the porcini juice.
In a separate sauté pan, sauté cremini mushrooms until golden. Add in porcinis. Sauté until you put color on porcinis. Deglaze with the sherry. Add mushrooms and chestnuts into the pot with onions and fennel.
Cover with chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Puree in a blender and pass thru a chinois (fine sieve).
Serve with sauté apples and bacon. Serves 8
- On the Menu: Beaumont’s Cioppino
- On the Menu Recipe: Burlap’s Asian Cowboy Shrimp and Grits
- Hexagone’s Moscovy Duck Breast and Leg Confit with Orange Sauce
- Arterra’s Handmade Fettucini (with dried cranberries, applewood bacon, butternut squash and goat cheese alfredo sauce)
- on the Menu recipe: Sammy’s Chilled Roast Vegetable Salad (gluten-free)
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=55155