Jr. Theatre holiday show has Santa tangling with some Martians at the La Jolla Firehouse
By Giovanni Moujaes
“Santa Claus vs. the Martians,” another San Diego Junior Theatre and West Coast premiere, hits the YMCA Firehouse at 7877 Herschel Ave, Dec. 2-18. This slapstick comedy is based on the 1964 B-movie, “Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.”
Two of the Martians, Momar (Dariane Wood) and Kimar (Kaari McBride) decide to abduct Santa Claus (Fenton Pare’) so their Martian children will be able to have fun. The plan backfires when Voldar, the bad Martian (Katie Wegmann), plots to kill Santa Claus because of a deep bitterness against him.
What happens next?
“The play is serious, yet comical,” said director Katie Rodda. “It’s great for families, friends, and even sci-fi fans and Comic-Con lovers. I definitely recommend getting tickets!”
Showtimes are 7 p.m. Fridays; 2 and 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, through Dec. 18. Tickets are $11-$14 at Juniortheatre.com and (619) 239-8355. Plan to arrive early to allow for parking. —Giovanni Moujaes
- Jr. Theatre stages two children’s classics in March with La Jollans in the cast
- Junior Theatre presents first-rate, first-grade comedy in La Jolla
- La Jolla Playhouse version of Jesus Christ Superstar to have the Des McAnuff touch
- Meet the Moxies behind San Diego Moxie Theatre at premiere of ‘Toughest Girl Alive’
- ‘Ruined’: Powerful, poignant Playhouse production packs a punch
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=54997