La Jolla Symphony & Chorus honors its 2011 Arts Angel
The evening began with a hosted reception, silent auction and opportunity drawing for an “Instant Wine Cellar.” Guests then adjourned to the ballroom for dinner, to the accompaniment of the La Jolla Strings. During the dinner hour, Music Director Steven Schick paid tribute to performing arts advocate Charlene Baldridge, who was honored as LJS&C’s “Arts Angel 2011” for her 30-plus years of service to the arts community. Dinner was followed by a live auction, emceed by Joe Bauer, before guests danced the night away to the swinging sounds of Big Band Express.
- Wine-tasting fundraiser ‘sparkles’ for La Jolla Symphony & Chorus
- Symphony & Chorus patrons ‘Face the Music and Dance’ at benefit
- Nordstrom runway show raises funds for New Children’s Museum
- Athenaeum reception heralds the exhibits of two Mexican artists
- Church welcomes fall with Oktoberfest
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=54785