La Jolla Rotary honors police sergeant
Rotary Club of La Jolla has added a focus on public safety to its Employee of the
Month awards program.
Last week they presented the first recognition to Sgt. Tom Rizzo of the San Diego Police Department’s Northern Division. He was presented with a plaque by the club’s Vocational Service chair Pat Stouffer and President Ron Jones and praise from his boss, Capt. Brian Ahearn.
Rizzo joined the department in 1979 and has been assigned to Northern Division as a patrol sergeant for the past 11 years. In his role he supervises the officers who respond to calls for service in La Jolla and other beach communities. He was a first responder to several critical incidents and complex scenes including the La Jolla landslide in 2007.
- La Jolla Rotary, Interact clean up at Rec Center
- Pay attention to those La Jolla traffic signs
- Man arrested following crash on La Jolla Farms Road
- Pedestrian robbed on Holiday Court
- Wounded suspect captured after escaping from La Jolla hospital
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=54515