Bird Rock Elementary class takes trip to Natural History Museum
Kumeyaay art and pottery is on display at the museum.
Ms. Cindy from the museum and volunteer parents taught interactive lessons to the students about survival, trapping food, hand- molding pinch pots and painting art with clay and water, stripping yucca leaves for string, coloring leaf impressions on paper, mashing nuts with a mortar and pestle for food and other resourceful ways of Kumeyaay life in the wilderness.
- Bird Rock Elementary ends year with Spring Carnival
- Padres’ Adrian Gonzalez pays visit to Bird Rock school
- La Jolla gets into Halloween
- Bird Rock fifth graders get reporting tips from La Jolla Light editor
- Newcomers to Bird Rock Elementary mingle
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=53858