Ryan McGinness mural taking its place in La Jolla
If you’ve noticed a brightly colored art work going up on the back of Hotel Parisi this week, it’s the fifth mural in the La Jolla Community Foundation’s Murals of La Jolla project.
Created by New York-based artist Ryan McGinness, the 18-foot-high by 108-foot-wide mural is called “53 Women/2011.” Watch for more details as the installation continues above the parking lot on Herschel behind the hotel at 1111 Prospect St.
McGinness, whose work is on display in New York’s Museum of Modern Art and the Cincinatti Art Museum, says his work “consists of an amalgam of icons and symbols that resolve the clinical graphic aesthetics of media as vast, contemplative fields of intimate mediation.”
For more on the Murals project go to www.muralsoflajolla.com.
- John Baldessari mural takes its place above La Jolla Cove
- La Jolla’s first interpretive panel installed near Scripps Pier
- McMakin’s colorful mural unveiled in La Jolla
- La Jolla event will fashion favorite colors into new mural
- Interpretive panels to tell stories along La Jolla’s coast
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=53792