UCSD’s great pumpkin makes a big impact
‘Drop Dead Gorgeous,’ a 400-pound pumpkin named by students of UCSD’s Muir College Residents’ Council, made a resounding 85-foot-wide splat Monday when dropped from the 11th story of Tioga Hall, the tallest building the Muir campus.
The occasion was the 37th annual UCSD Monster Pumpkin Drop.
The pumpkin was filled with individually wrapped candy which students scurreid to claim. The largest spray in the history of the event occurred in 1995, when a 398-pound pumpkin spewed over 100 feet.
- Boo to You! Halloween comes to La Jolla
- La Jolla’s Bloomers Flowers plants roots in new location
- Three La Jolla streets included on city’s new fix-it list
- La Jolla parks and beaches group opts to become nonprofit
- Man found by La Jolla hikers dies at hospital
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=53448