On the Menu recipe: The Fish Market’s Garlic Prawns
4 U15 Prawns (peeled and deveined)
1 ounce of olive oil
4 tablespoons of finely diced shallots
3 ounces of white wine
4 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of fresh garlic puree
Half a lemon, juiced
A large pinch of chopped parsley
Method: In a 10-inch saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil, finely chopped shallots and the four peeled and deveined U15 Prawns. Saute until the shallots are soft and clear, but do not brown. Add the wine and allow it to reduce until very little liquid remains. Remove the prawns when they are just opaque through and set aside.
Squeeze the lemon juice into the pan, then add the butter by stirring one slice at a time into the mixture. As you work the butter in the whole thing should turn creamy. If the creaminess “breaks” add a splash of wine and stir while boiling to bring it back together.
Lastly, stir in the fresh garlic puree, cooked prawns and chopped parsley. Stir and toss to coat the prawns evenly and immediately remove and place on the serving plate. Pour all the garlic butter over the prawns to serve.
- On the Menu Recipe: Burlap’s Asian Cowboy Shrimp and Grits
- Hexagone’s Moscovy Duck Breast and Leg Confit with Orange Sauce
- Arterra’s Handmade Fettucini (with dried cranberries, applewood bacon, butternut squash and goat cheese alfredo sauce)
- Corned Beef Hash ala Hennessey’s
- On the Menu Recipe: Tapenade’s Wild Mushroom Ravioli
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=53402