La Jolla Elementary ‘jumps’ for a record
The event was part of a 24-hour challenge that kicked off the day before when First Lady Michelle Obama started a jumping session at the White House in conjunction with National Geographic Kids, the Let’s Jump! Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign seeks to get American kids eating healthier and increasing their physical activity.
LJES physical education coach Kelly Wiskus organized the jumping at LJES and had a team of volunteers taking photos and video as documentation for National Geographic. In all more than 20,425 people had ‘perform’ for one minute each to break the record.
- La Jolla's back-to-school dates to note
- Bishop’s School marks Hispanic Heritage Month
- Spirit day at Bird Rock Elementary
- Bird Rock students learn about Persian New Year
- Bird Rock Elementary School hosting tour
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=52681