Police issue warrant for suspect in slaying of cab driver in La Jolla
City News Service
San Diego police on Friday named a suspect in the shooting death of a self-employed cab driver in La Jolla and asked for the public’s help in tracking him down.
An arrest warrant was issued this week for Ismael Raul Lopez, 28, in connection with the Sept. 28 slaying of Mir Madet Sahou, San Diego police homicide Lt. Bryan Pendleton said in a statement.
Sahou was found dead in the 6800 block of La Jolla Scenic Drive North shortly after 11:30 p.m. Sept. 28.
Witnesses saw Sahou’s cab pull up to a curb and two males got out, along with the victim, police said. An argument was overheard, followed by a struggle and gunfire. A motive is unclear.
Lopez is Hispanic, about 5 feet 9 and 160-180 pounds, Pendleton said.
Anyone with information about the suspect’s whereabouts was asked to call police at (619) 531-2000.
- Autopsy shows woman found in burning La Jolla car was slain
- Appeals court revives La Jolla woman’s efforts to overturn murder conviction
- Parents make a lasting gift to La Jolla’s Gillispie School
- Man accused of strangling La Jolla investor to stand trial
- La Jollan assisting with quake repairs in Chile
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=52474