Stars come out to help symphony open 101st year with salute to Paris
Symphony musicians join guests on the dance floor
Joyce and Craig Grosvenor chaired the gala to raise funds for the symphony’s education and outreach programs that serve more than 53,000 students each year.
The concert starred soprano Kathleen Battle and French pianist Jean Yves Thibaudet, and under the direction of maestro Jahja Ling, the repertoire included Gabriel Fauré’s “Piano Quartet No. 1” and Maurice Ravel’s “Bolero,” which ended in a standing ovation.
- Spring styles are the stars in Woman’s Club fashion show
- Members delight in museum’s opening of new Mexican art show
- San Diego’s ‘Best Dressed’ nominees enjoy benefit gala
- Tables set for historical society’s stylish progressive dinner
- Friends gather for benefit at Scripps Hospital
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=52298