Scuba diver found dead south of Children’s Pool
A 35-year-old Oceanside scuba diver was found dead in the water outside the Children’s Pool on Sunday.
His body was spotted by someone walking past the area.
Lifeguards said the man washed up along the reefs near a beach called “Hospital Point” just south of the Children’s Pool area.
He was identified as Jimmy Somphirigna Tanovan. A resident said they had seen him hours earlier diving for lobsters, according to the Medical Examiner’s office.
Emergency crews attempted to perform CPR but said it was apparent the man had been dead for several hours.
The driver was wearing full scuba gear. Lifeguards impounded the gear and will transfer it to Scripps Institute of Oceanography to assess if there were any malfunctions in the gear.
- Lifeguards dealing with tough working conditions at Children’s Pool
- Man’s body found in La Jolla sea cave
- Divers pulled from water off La Jolla
- New lifeguard tower opens near Scripps Pier
- Judge sends seal rope matter back to Planning Commission
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=52083