Driver hits wrong pedal, crashes on Pearl Street
An unidentified man did severe damage to his vehicle in the parking lot of Pearl Car Wash & Detail at 600 Pearl St. when he drove his car into an electrical utility box Monday about 4 p.m.
The crash knocked out power to a streetlight at the corner of Pearl Street and Draper Avenue. The man, who was not injured, declined treatment. He said the incident happened when he accidentally hit the wrong pedal. An electrical flash went off when the car collided with the utility box.
- Children’s Pool waters reopened for swimming
- Attacks fail to deter La Jolla father, son from trip to Israel
- Plan for Mexican restaurant draws La Jolla panel’s challenge over parking
- Bishop’s student does his part to fight youth violence
- Bird Rock artist picks up a good cause
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=52157