Riford Center’s Distinguished Speakers series continues with visit by Admiral William French on Oct. 6
Admiral William French will be the next guest to participate in the Distinguished Speaker series at the Riford Center, taking the podium at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 6811 La Jolla Blvd. A question and answer session will follow his speech “Supporting the Maritime Strategy.” Light refreshments and appetizers will be served. A reservation is required for the free event at (858) 459-0831 or email@example.com.
A submarine officer and graduate of the Navy’s Nuclear Power Training, Rear Adm. French has served at sea in USS Spadefish (SSN 668), as Operations Officer in USS Sea Devil (SSN 664), and Engineer in USS Tecumseh (SSBN 628). He served as Executive Officer of USS Helena (SSN 725) and commanded USS Salt Lake City (SSN 716) home ported in San Diego.
French currently serves as Commander, Navy Region Southwest.
The series was developed by Riford board member Reena Horowitz and volunteer Don Breitenburg. It is underwritten by Linda Miller, vice president, City National Bank/Private Client Services; Sandra Redman, senior vice president, California Bank and Trust; and Hermeen Scharaga.
The November speaker will be oceanographer Walter Munk. The December speaker will be District 3 Supervisor Pam Slater-Price.
- La Jolla’s Riford Center will present ‘cooking class’ with chef celebs
- BEST BETS to help you plan the week ahead, Dec. 2-11
- Couple sells business in La Jolla to house orphans in Mexico
- La Jolla churches announce Christmas services, programs
- Bookends: In the dog-eat-dog retail world, La Jolla’s two bookstore owners, Dennis Wills and Nancy Warwick, should be fierce competitors. Instead, the merchants are friends who share customers, field stories and an occasional glass of wine.
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=51688