Ballots due Oct. 7 for La Jolla merchants election
Ballots for the La Jolla Village Merchants Association election must be received by the city’s Office of Small Business by 5 p.m. on Oct. 7, according to Mike McLaughlin, who is monitoring the voting for the group.
The 10 candidates vying for six seats are Claudette Berwin, Kate Brainard, Leon Chow, Glidia Holland, Debbie Newell, James Niebling, Anthony Scomaand Patrick Tira.
Business owners in the Village who have not received their ballots are asked to contact LJVMA Executive Director Rosemary Murrieta at (858) 829-3248 RMurrieta@LaJollaByTheSea.com. She will deliver extra ballot packets if necessary, McLaughlin wrote in an e-mail.
Village business that have paid the La Jolla BID assessment by Sept. 30 eligible to vote in this election,
For election questions, call (619) 295-5171.
- Merchants group aims to ‘Put the Village back in La Jolla’
- La Jolla Village Merchants Association names executive director
- Large turnout energizes La Jolla merchants mixer
- La Jolla merchants group begins working on image, structure
- Candidates list goals for La Jolla merchant group
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=51574