La Jolla Town Council hosting charity poker night
Charity poker night is coming to La Jolla, courtesy of the La Jolla Town Council.
The once-a-month gathering — on the first Tuesday, beginning Oct. 4 at Hennessey’s — will feature a social hour with lessons in Texas Hold ‘Em for beginners. Then, from 7 to 10 p.m., participants will square off at the tables.
Proceeds will be split between the Town Council, a selected charity and the winner. Town Council vice president John Weinstein, who is organizing the event, said the winner will pick the charity for the following month.
RSVP at (858) 456-4995 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who RSVP will have preferred seating, Weinstein said.
Hennessey’s is at 7811 Herschel Ave.
- La Jolla Town Council opts for secret ballot on new trustee
- Property owner disputes La Jolla Shores beach access claim
- Frustration aired at streetscape, design committee meeting
- La Jolla cityhood idea gets a nod from Town Council crowd
- Group will look at multiple options for replacing Promote La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=51585