Man stabbed in PB; gang connections possible
City News Service
A 21-year-old man was stabbed in the back today while walking with his girlfriend in Pacific Beach in what appeared to have been a gang-related attack, police said.
The couple was walking in the 1000 block of Diamond Street when a man came up from behind sometime before 3 a.m. and stabbed the victim twice in the back, said San Diego police Officer Frank Cali.
The assailant ran away. The victim called a friend and was transported to a local hospital, Cali said. His condition was not immediately reported. His girlfriend was not hurt.
Gang detectives were investigating the attack.
- Pacific Beach ATM machine pried open, cash stolen
- Lung Association: San Diego ‘fails’ in restricting tobacco products
- Jeff & Jer coming back to radio?
- Wet weather makes for rough morning commute
- Ocean bacteria levels increase with rain runoff
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=50957