They did it again!
Boy Scout Troop 506 organized its annual Family Surf Camp on San Elijo Beach “with great success,” Sept. 9-11. Some 55 Troop and family members enjoyed the weekend in Cardiff, a memorable campfire, surfing, biking and skate boarding. Using the power of teamwork (and friendly competition), the Scouts executed their beach cleanup, scouring white sands from Cardiff to Swami’s. The boys collected dozens of bags of non-recyclable items, plus plastic, glass and cans.
The Scouts with the biggest, the most unusual and heaviest items were rewarded prizes. The Surf Camp was sponsored by Roberto’s Mexican Food and Pizza Port of Solana Beach, VG Doughnut of Cardiff, Mitch’s Surf Shop of La Jolla and American Produce Distributors. Troop 506 meets at 6:30 p.m. Mondays at La Jolla United Methodist Church, 6063 La Jolla Blvd. Families interested may contact Scoutmaster Clark Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Committee Chairman John Stojic (email@example.com). Mariola Stojic
- They’re Engaged! Angelica Maria Quintero and Eric Matthew Spielman
- Two celebratory events for cancer survivors set in La Jolla
- Kaimalino Castle in La Jolla all decked out for Christmas
- Women in the arts invite others to join their La Jolla ‘support’ group
- Doris Lee McCoy will address Circumnavigators Club on Dec. 9 in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=50828