Scripps Health ‘best’ place for older workers
AARP has named Scripps Health as the No. 1 company on its Best Employers for Workers 50 and Older, making it the first California-based employer to be selected as the top employer in the decade-long program.
“We are very proud of AARP’s selection of Scripps as number one in the country. This validates all of our efforts to be a great place to work and a great place to receive medical care,” said Chris Van Gorder, Scripps Health president and CEO.
Scripps Health, with five hospital campuses and 23 outpatient clinics, has been honored by AARP seven times over the past decade. In addition to an array of alternative work arrangements such as flex-time, a phased retirement program, and a formal job rotation program, Scripps has a strong wellness program and generous health benefits for employees under and over age 65.
For a full list and more information on the 2011 Best Employers, go to www.aarp.org/bestemployers.
- Mental health group honors Van Gorder
- Scripps marks groundbreaking for Cardiovascular Institute
- UCSD, Scripps executives looking to the future
- Scripps Health marks start of work on radiation therapy center
- Scripps Health announces plans to rebuild La Jolla hospital
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=50358