Modern Healthcare names Van Gorder, Topol among ‘Most Influential’
Chris Van Gorder, Scripps Health president, and Dr. Eric Topol, chief academic officer of Scripps Health, have been named to Modern Healthcare’s annual ranking of the nation’s 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare, published in the magazine’s Aug. 22, 2011 edition.
Van Gorder, No. 18, has been named to the list for five straight years and is the only San Diego health system executive ever to make the list since its inception in 2002. Scripps is the only health care system in the country with two people on this year’s Most Influential list.
Topol is the only other San Diegan to make the list at No. 69. A world-renowned cardiologist and researcher, he is spearheading Scripps’ venture into leading-edge research areas such as genomics, translational science and wireless medicine.
- ScrippsHealth puts unusual twist on event: Learn to ‘Eat Like A Marine’
- Mental health group honors Van Gorder
- Scripps marks groundbreaking for Cardiovascular Institute
- UCSD, Scripps executives looking to the future
- Torrey Pines trophy lot auctioned, terms not disclosed
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=50366