Post blackout: Birch Aquarium offers free children’s admissionPress Release
Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography is offering free admission on Friday only for children who visit with a paid adult due to the large number of school children whose classes are out of session.
“The San Diego blackout was unprecedented, and we understand how difficult it can be for parents and caretakers to find something fun to do on short notice,” said Nigella Hillgarth, aquarium executive director in a press release. “This discount is a small way that Birch Aquarium can help support our community.”
The aquarium is open until 5 p.m. Friday. Adult admission is $14. Each paid adult can bring in one free child on Friday only ; admission for additional children is $9.50.
Birch Aquarium at Scripps is located at 2300 Expedition Way in La Jolla. Visit aquarium.ucsd.edu for more information.
- La Jolla’s first interpretive panel installed near Scripps Pier
- Interpretive panels to tell stories along La Jolla’s coast
- Big Green Bus rolls into Birch Aquarium at Scripps on Saturday
- Stingrays beware: Humans are coming
- La Jolla’s Birch Aquarium gets Sempra donation
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=50088