Merchants group seeking board candidates
La Jolla Village Merchants Association is looking for a few interested business people interested in filling five seats on the board.
Those holding the seats — Claudette Berwin, Leon Chow, Tal O’Farrell, Kate Brainard, and Glidia Holland — are eligible to run again for the three-terms. They were seated when the group held its inaugural election in the spring after the group organized to seek the city contract to run the La Jolla Business Improvement District. There are five other directors whose terms expire in October 2012 and five more expiring in October 2013.
To be eligible to nominate someone or to nominate oneself, BID assessments had to be paid by Aug. 31. Nominations are due by Sept. 14. (The group holds its next meeting at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 14 at the La Jolla Woman’s Club, 7791 Draper St.)
- Merchants group aims to ‘Put the Village back in La Jolla’
- Large turnout energizes La Jolla merchants mixer
- La Jolla merchants group plans member mixer
- La Jolla merchants group to meet Wednesday
- La Jolla merchants group candidate event planned
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=49369