Children’s Pool gets a cross of sea grass
Beach access proponents at La Jolla’s Children’s Pool found a new way to make a statement on the situation there over the weekend — with sea grass, which had been piling up against the fence at the rear of the beach and was drying out.
Previously, said one member of the group, sea grass has been disposed of over the fence under the old lifeguard tower. But this year they said lifeguards, expressing concern about the pile, asked that the practice be discontinued. So to draw attention to the problem of refuse collecting at the pool, they opted to create an attention-getting cross, which they say they may incorporate into a 9/11 memorial should it survive until that time.
One observer said it might have been more appropriate to make a peace sign.
- SeaWorld staff treating injured seal from La Jolla’s Children’s Pool
- Free speech is latest battleground at Children’s Pool
- Seal pup rescued at Children’s Pool dies
- Children’s Pool rope barrier goes up, but only for pupping season
- City restricts First Amendment sellers at Children’s Pool
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=49196