Psychologist discusses happiness at mental health luncheon
Luncheon co-chair Renee Bannasch of Rancho Santa Fe with speaker Arlene Matthews, co-chair Faith Stagg and Robert Dean, Vista Hill CEO
Uhl is a psychotherapist, professor of developmental psychology, and the author of numerous self-help books, including “Seven Keys to Calm,” and Idiot’s Guides to “Coping with Difficult People,” “Beating Stress,” and “The Psychology of Happiness.”
Uhl encouraged guests to think about the good things in their lives when they have a down moment. What are you thankful for? What do you enjoy?
“Take time,” she advised, “to enjoy time for yourself, but think of others as well. What can you do to make the world a better place? Consider supporting causes, like the Vista Hill Foundation’s work, which ranges from working with troubled young people, to treatment for school-age kids and providing long-term special education and training for individuals with developmental disabilities as well as family support.
- Newcomers end the year with afternoon at the Women’s Club
- Sun shines down on 25th annual Festival of the Arts
- San Diego’s ‘Best Dressed’ nominees enjoy benefit gala
- Darlington House gets all decked out for Christmas
- Friends gather for benefit at Scripps Hospital
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=49132