J*Company Youth Theatre to hold auditions for season 19 shows
Four musicals comprise the J*Company Youth Theatre’s 19th season: Disney’s adventure “Mulan” (Sept. 16-Oct. 2); the rock musical “The Who’s Tommy” (Dec. 2-11); “Thoroughly Modern Millie” (March 2-18); and the 1980s nostalgic roller-skating musical “Xanadu” (May 4-13). Productions take place in the Garfield Theatre at the Jewish Community Center in La Jolla. “The Who’s Tommy,” with guidance from the originators at the La Jolla Playhouse, will be staged with respect for family values, according to artistic director Joey Landwehr.
“I am so proud of this season and the incredible opportunity to work hand-in-hand with La Jolla’s nationally acclaimed theater,” Landwehr said. “When I brought this idea to Playhouse artistic director Christopher Ashley and Shirley Fishman, director of play development, they were so warm and welcoming.”
To audition, students in eighth-grade and younger must be enrolled in a J*Company class in the 2011 Fall Session I to be eligible for an appointment. To reserve an audition time, call (858) 457-3030, ext. 1200. Artists must come prepared with a musical theater selection of their choice with sheet music (an accompanist will be provided — no tapes or CDs), a headshot/snapshot and a resume (if available).
- J*Company stages musical ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’’
- J*Company stages the toe-tappin’ musical ‘Children of Eden’ at the JCC in La Jolla
- J*Company Youth Theatre premiere explores the girl who was Anne Frank
- Rock musical cheers age ‘13’ with story about growing up from J*Company
- J*Company bows to tradition in its ‘Fiddler on the Roof’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=48998