Luau and Longboard Invitational supports UCSD Cancer Center
The crowd gathers on the beach near Scripps Pier for the 18th annual event.
A large crowd braved the morning gray Sunday to watch the friendly surfing competition that is part of the annual Luau & Longboard Invitational. Combined with the afternoon’s luau and auctions, the event raised another $415,000 for UCSD’s Moores Cancer Center. Dr. Dennis Carson of the center received the Rell Sun for his contributions to cancer research.
- Aloha spirit flows at Luau, Longboard event where Dennis Carson will be honored
- Luau & Longboard Invitational seeks volunteers for La Jolla event
- Lifeguards dealing with tough working conditions at Children’s Pool
- Plans move forward for Children’s Pool lifeguard remodel
- Survivor Beach gathering set for Sunday
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=48790
Posted by Staff
on Aug 23, 2011. Filed under Featured Story
, La Jolla
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can leave a response or trackback to this entry