25th anniversary gala celebrates the music behind SummerFest
Next came an intimate music performance in the Jacob’s auditorium, which Irwin Jacobs informed the crowd was accommodating some 250 guests that night. The hour-long concert featured music director Cho-Liang Lin and SummerFest artists the Assad Brothers, Éclat Quartet and Valerie and Dominique Kim.
After the concert, guests gathered on the heated patio for a candlelit dinner helmed by chefs Andrew Spurgin, Antonio Friscia and Brian Malarkey. After dinner, it was all about dancing. Proceeds from the event will benefit the education, outreach and artistic programs of La Jolla Music Society.
Silver Sponsors included Mary Ann Beyster, Valerie and Harry Cooper,
Pauline Foster, Rafael and Marina Pastor, Conrad Prebys and Debbie Turner,
Peter and Peggy Preuss, Stacy and Don Rosenberg, Sheryl and Harvey White.
Table Sponsors included Rita and Richard Atkinson, Elaine and Dave Darwin, Barbara and Dick Enberg, Joy and Ed Frieman and Helene Kruger
- Music Society patrons waltz the night away at WinterFest Gala
- Realtors’ party sends a friend into retirement in style
- Local ‘fashion plates’ take to the runway for hungry children
- Spring styles are the stars in Woman’s Club fashion show
- Members delight in museum’s opening of new Mexican art show
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=48780