Hit-and-run crash ties up Torrey Pines Road
Torrey Pines Road was closed near Glenbrook Way for a time on Friday after a car struck a light standard, leaving live wires hanging and the pole in the street.
Police initially received a report that a hit and run crash occurred near Allen Field and a suspect was running away. Lt. Andra Brown said the driver whose car was hit chased the other driver down and was aided by two other men who held him until police arrived.
One person sustained minor injuries and the suspect was taken into custody.
She noted that the vehicle that hit the pole also had damage to its rear that indicated it might have struck another car earlier.
- Crash snarls traffic in La Jolla
- Two injured in La Jolla accident
- Collision accents safety issues on Torrey Pines Road
- La Jolla traffic lights fixed — after city crew gets out of traffic mess
- Speeders take note: La Jolla’s West Muirlands residents want changes
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=48639