St. James Gift Shop to host international art market this weekend
The St. James Gift Shop will present its annual Artisans Market from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 20-21 at 743 Prospect St., where visitors can shop for handmade art and crafts from Africa, Ecuador, Peru, Guatemala and Mexico.
Among the items for sale will be jewelry, pottery, rugs, textiles and hats. There will also be a taco stand for refreshments, Day of the Dead painting workshop, and a performance by Ballet
Folkloric from Chula Vista at 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
The Gift Shop was started by the Women of St. James by-the-Sea Episcopal Church in the 1950s to sell religious books and jewelry. In 1999, the Gift Shop grew and expanded, determined to offer museum-quality art at affordable prices and to make it a place for artists worldwide to showcase their art.
For more information, call (858) 456-1105.
- Xcite Steps to showcase work by teens with cognitive disabilities at gallery in Solana Beach
- Zenbu Lounge exhibit celebrates tattoo art
- Local author tackles taboo subject ‘American nudes’ in new art book
- Artist will sell many works at benefit for seniors
- Sanders calls for suspension of public arts program
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=48467