La Jolla Art Association hosts reception for summer exhibit
To toast its current “Summer Rhythms” exhibit, a Champagne reception with a musical performance by Summer Brooke will be held from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17 at the La Jolla Art Association Gallery, 8100 Paseo Del Ocaso. The exhibit is up through Sept. 4 and features the work of members Tamara Stautland, Jacqueline Warfield, Carole Duebbert, Barbara McVey, Ingrid Wolters, Catherine MacDonald, Peter Myrdal, Ann Neumeister, Kim Wilkins, Faye Richert, Mariko Iriie, Jeffrey Brosbe and Judy, Judy, Judy.
In other art association news:
• Registration is underway for the LJAA’s second annual Southern California BLACK & WHITE Juried Exhibition. The deadline for submissions is Saturday, Aug. 20. The competition is open to all media except crafts. All work must be devoid of any colors other than black, white, or shades of gray. All work entered must be for sale. Details at lajollaart.org.
• Volunteer instructors are needed to present free workshops or demos from 10:30 a.m. to noon the fourth Saturday of the month at the LJAA Gallery. You do not have to be an experienced instructor. If interested in sharing your expertise, contact Catherine MacDonald, LJAA education director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art show tips its hat to Auntie Ellen Scripps at La Jolla Art Association
- La Jolla Art Association opens members show
- La Jolla Art Association opens new show with public reception
- Museum of Contemporary Art in San Diego will stage 24-hour sit-in to support detained Chinese artist Ai Wei Wei
- Art critic named to development post at MCASD
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=48435