Parasailer injured near gliderport, hospitalized
City News Service
A parasailer who crashed into a cliff at Black’s Beach in La Jolla was hospitalized Friday.
The man took off from the Torrey Pines Gliderport about 2 p.m. Friday, and lifeguards saw him crash into the cliff.
“They were immediately aware that this was a serious issue,” lifeguard Lt. John Everhart said. “When people witness someone fall out of the sky, it’s pretty obvious they’re going to need medical attention.”
The man was conscious en route to a Scripps Memorial Hospital on a helicopter, authorities said.
- Lifeguards rescue swimmer off La Jolla Cove
- New lifeguard tower opens near Scripps Pier
- Stingrays beware: Humans are coming
- Lifeguards rescue naked hiker at Black’s Beach
- Paragliders crash at Torrey Pines, one injured
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=48130