La Jolla student brings math medal home from China
La Jolla High School junior Sarah Herrmann, far right in the back row, won a bronze medal at the recent China Girls Mathematical Olympiad (CGMO).
Her seven teammates all captured medals as well, with two winning golds. The girls-only international competition, featuring 192 competitors, was held in Shenzhen, China. Competitors came from countries such as Japan, Russia, the United States, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, and China.
The U.S. team is sponsored by the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) and the Mathematical Association of America (MAA).
- La Jolla High student named to math Olympiad team
- Academic League crown goes to LJHS
- Personal essay a personal challenge for La Jolla student
- La Jolla prinicipal says arrested student’s Facebook postings ‘disturbing’
- La Jolla High bracing for budget news
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=47926