On the Menu recipe: Delicias Sherry-Glazed Confit Pork Belly with caramelized fuyu persimmon, pistachio and buttered crab
Sherry-Glazed Confit Pork Belly
with caramelized fuyu persimmon, pistachio and buttered crab
• 2-inch by 2-inch piece of confit pork belly
• 2 ounces crushed pistachios, toasted
• 1 fuyu persimmon, peeled and sliced into wedges
• 4 T. extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 ounces sherry wine
• 3 ounces sherry vinegar
• 2 ounces maple syrup
• 3 ounces picked crab meat
• 1 ounce butter
• 1 t. chopped chives
• 1 whole lemon
• Micro Fines Herbes for garnish
Heat a sauté pan over medium heat with 2 tablespoons oil. Sauté persimmons until golden brown. Add sherry wine. Reduce out alcohol. Add sherry vinegar and maple syrup.
In another pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil up to its smoke point. Add pork belly fat side down. Cook on all sides until crisp and golden brown. Add persimmons to pan to coat with glaze.
In another pan, melt butter and warm the crab meat. Finish with chive and lemon juice.
Place persimmon wedges all facing the same way in a line. Slice belly into seven slices and fan out on persimmons. Drizzle remaining glaze on belly and plate. Sprinkle crushed pistachios on and around plate. Place buttered crab on top of belly and garnish with Micro Fines Herbes.
- On the Menu Recipe: Port Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs from Chef Jason Knibb of Nine-Ten
- On the Menu recipe: Whisknladle’s Wild Prawns with Cuttlefish Ink Tagliatelle, Uni Saffron Creme, Fresno Chiles and Fava Leaves
- On the Menu recipe: Brockton Villa’s Truffle Red Bliss Potato Salad
- On the Menu Recipe: Market’s ‘Point Reyes Blue Cheese Souffle & Satsuma Tangerines’
- On the Menu recipe: Piatti’s Basil Ricotta Ravioli
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=47835