Lifeguards rescue swimmer off La Jolla CoveCity News Service
Lifeguards rescued a hypothermic and disoriented man Saturday who had been reported missing while swimming near La Jolla Cove, a San Diego lifeguard said.
A 69-year-old man was reported missing about 9:20 a.m., according to San Diego Lifeguard Lt. Nick Lerma. Lifeguards did not know how long he had been in the water, but said the man had left from La Jolla Cove.
The swimmer was found in the water about 300 yards off La Jolla Shores, within 10 minutes from the time he was reported missing, Lerma said. Paramedics took the man to a hospital to be treated.
- Junior Guards take on La Jolla Cove
- Heal the Bay rates La Jolla beaches among tops on ‘report card’
- Boaters rescue diver after hour-long search off La Jolla
- Green Day festival draws visitors despite the gloom
- La Jolla lifeguard station upgrades prompt city visit
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=47579