Peters joins San Diego Foundation board
The San Diego Foundation has named its new chairperson and added several people including Scott Peters to its board.
Jennifer Adams-Brooks takes over as the 20th chair of the foundation’s Board of Governors, a group of 30 volunteers with diverse professional backgrounds, who are involved in many community and charitable activities. The Board establishes policy, sets priorities and makes approves awards and grants. Adams-Brooks, is the first woman to hold the post.
Adams-Brooks, president of Clark Consultants which specializes in human resource consulting and executive coaching, is chair of Friends of The Foundation and the Civil Society Working Group and Vice Chair of The San Diego Foundation’s Center for Civic Engagement. She has served as chief of staff for members of the State Assembly and San Diego City Council, and interim executive director for the Southeast Economic Development Corporation. She earned a BA in communications and urban planning from UCSD.
Joining Peters, the former First District city councilman who now chairs the San Diego Port Commission, on the board are Yamila M. Ayad and Derek Quackenbush.
Ayad is president of Mission Home Loans and Quackenbush is vice president of finance and administration at Concerro.
- La Jolla Community Foundation offers to seek mayor’s OK on future art projects
- Environmental groups seek help documenting week’s ‘king tides’
- SD City Council Vows to Protect Libraries and Recreation Centers from Cuts
- MIT forum to feature Ted Waitt
- Two La Jolla spots will accept prescription drugs during Take-Back Day on Saturday Saturday
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=47236