Best works of San Diego artists in Athenaeum Juried Show on Friday
The work of 23 artists — that’s 36 different pieces — have been chosen for the Athenaeum’s 20th Annual Juried Exhibition that opens with a public reception from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 5. The show will remain in the Main Gallery through Sept. 3.
This year’s jurors, selected by Athenaeum director Erika Torri, are Kathryn Kanjo, curator at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, and Joseph Bellows, owner of Joseph Bellows Gallery. The pair was tasked with combing through hundreds of slides to pick the winning works for the show. They will award first, second, and third place honors at the opening reception.
The competition is open only to artists who live, work, or have exhibited in San Diego, to serve as a platform for exposure and inspiration from peers. Acceptable submissions this year included 2-D and 3-D media, with the exception of functional or craft art. All works must have been completed within the past five years.
If you go
What: 20th Annual Juried Exhibition
When: 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays; to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays
Where: Athenaeum Music & Arts Library, 1008 Wall St.
Contact: (858) 454-5872
- Italo Scanga restorations arrive at the Athenaeum in La Jolla
- Athenaeum Music & Arts Library to host art history lectures in La Jolla
- Art show tips its hat to Auntie Ellen Scripps at La Jolla Art Association
- Modern Times: Museum opens two shows with contemporary views in La Jolla
- Quintessential art gallerist makes a bold, new move in La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=47410