Oceanographer to discuss coastal habitats at Birch Aquarium on Monday
UCSD biological oceanographer Drew Talley will discuss, “Subsidies, Aliens and Ecologists: Connectivity at the Edge,” from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday, Aug. 8 at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, 2300 Expedition Way, as part of its Jeffrey B. Graham Perspectives on Ocean Science Lectures Series.
Talley will talk about the natural and unnatural pathways that link marine and terrestrial habitats and how these linkages are formed (and broken).
Reservations are $8-$5 at (858) 534-5771. Parking is free. Light refreshments will be served. (Past lectures can be viewed on YouTube at http://ucsd.tv/oceanscience)
- Sign Up Time: Local groups in need of volunteers state their cases
- Corky’s Corner: The tale of ‘Pink Bod’ lives on
- San Diego’s summer beach quality was excellent, group reports
- Family bike event gears up
- Paths of La Jolla: Torrey Pines reserve a feast for the eyes
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=47347