La Jolla High student named to math Olympiad team
La Jolla High School junior Sarah Herrmann is one of eight girls from throughout the United States to participate in the 2011 China Girls Mathematical Olympiad (CGMO).The competition began July 31 and runs through Aug. 3 in Shenzhen, a major port city near Hong Kong in Southern China’s Guangdong Province.
The team is sponsored by the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) and the Mathematical Association of America (MAA). The girls were chosen from the top ranks of the female finalists in the 2011 USA Mathematical Olympiad (USAMO). Their coach is Zuming Feng, a math teacher on the faculty of Phillips Exeter Academy, the leader of the USA International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) team, and the director of the Mathematical Olympiad Summer Program (MOSP) since 2003.
- Academic League crown goes to LJHS
- Personal essay a personal challenge for La Jolla student
- La Jolla students take home Coastwise Prizes
- La Jolla prinicipal says arrested student’s Facebook postings ‘disturbing’
- La Jolla High bracing for budget news
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=47208