Mental health group honors Van Gorder
Chris Van Gorder, president and CEO of Scripps Health, recently received the 2011 Leadership in Action Award at Mental Health America’s Healthy Minds. The award honors his commitment to mental health care and awareness, both in a health care setting and in disaster or crisis situations.
Van Gorder was also recognized for his support of A-Visions, Scripps’ award-winning supported employment program for people with mental health disorders. Since its inception in 2002, the program has helped more than 200 patients by providing them with vocational training.
A primary goal of Mental Health America is to educate the general public about the realities of mental health and mental illness.
- UCSD, Scripps executives looking to the future
- Scripps marks groundbreaking for Cardiovascular Institute
- Author celebrates recovery with bike ride from La Jolla to Encinitas
- New anti-gravity treadmill being tested at Scripps
- Philanthropist, heart valve inventor dies
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=46223