Riford Library in La Jolla to host free kids workshop on dealing with bullies
Voices Against Cruelty, Hatred and Intolerance, aka the VACHI Club at La Jolla High School, will host a free, anti-bullying workshop for kids, ages 6-12, beginning at 2 pm. Thursday, July 28 at the Riford Library.
Called “Think Before You Speak,” the hour-long event will teach ateendees about the effects of bullying.
“After the program, children will be able to define and identify forms of bullying, learn techniques for standing up to a bully, and know when to seek help for themselves and others,” said organizer and VACHI CLUB president La Jolla High School senior Megan Micheletti. “We hope to spread an anti-bullying message to young children in the community with the goal of preventing the detrimental effects of bullying.”
No reservations are needed.Call Laurie Bailey (858) 552-1657 at library for further information.
- Information Station: Director says library gets by with a little help from its Friends
- Wild about Harry, Potter fans gather in La Jolla for trivia contest
- Families turn out for La Jolla Library Craft Bonanza
- Potters ready their bowls for hunger benefit in La Jolla
- The Art of Pysanky: Learning from egg-spert rector Randal Gardner of La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=46275